From the outset, we at From the Notebook, wished to support wildlife conservation through the sale of our products. We think that since wildlife inspires us to produce the beers that we do, that it is just and fitting that the creatures that adorn the labels are assisted by the sale of our products.
Assistance ranges from 10p per bottle for some bottled beer sales (as an industry standard this is a very generous donation on unit sales), to a commitment to give 10% of overall annual company profits on sales to the charities we support in any financial year. Details on the royalty content is disclosed on each bottle for the charity that the sale supports.
Our current range of beers support the following charities/projects:
- Marine Conservation Society (MCS – beers are Arctic Tern IPA, Puffin Best Bitter, Kittiwake Golden Ale and Female Eider Dark Beer)
- British Trust for Ornithology (BTO – beers are Lapwing Farmhouse Ale, Blackbird Mellifluous Mild and Robin Russet Ale)
- Roseate Tern EU Life+ Project (beer is Roseate Tern Blush IPA)
- Little Tern Recovery Project, see also: National Trust local website (beer is Little Tern Pale Ale)
- Ape Action Africa and Orangutan Appeal UK (beers are Orangutan Lager Beer, Gorilla Stout, Chimpanzee IPA, Gibbon Golden Ale and Bonobo Brown Beer)
- REST (Rare & Endangered Species Trust) and Sangha Pangolin Project (beer is Pangolin Pilsner)
- White Stork Project (beer is White Stork Flight Ale)
- People’s Trust for Endangered Species (beer is Hedgehog Auburn Ale and was previously also Water Vole Ale of the Riverbank)
- Butterfly Conservation (beer is Red Admiral and was previously also Gatekeeper Best Bitter, Brown Hairstreak Tawny Ale, Orange-tip Amber Ale, Merveille du Jour Pale Ale and Death’s-head Hawk-moth Stout)
- Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust (beer is Sand Martin)
Many other charities have been supported by our previous or seasonal beers, namely:
...From the Notebook has raised over £16,000 for wildlife charities and projects (as of May 2020).
The more volume of business we can do, the more we can give.
The story continues...